Greek Dilled Yogurt Sauce:
2 cups plain yogurt (preferably whole milk)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Dill Weed
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
Spicy Halibut Gryos:
4 center-cut halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
4 limes, juiced, divided
1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Greek Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Red Pepper, Ground Cayenne
McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
Freshly ground McCormick® Gourmet Collection Black Peppercorns, Tellicherry
5 plum tomatoes, diced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Oregano, Ground Mediterranean
1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
1 head radicchio, leaves separated
2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
1. For Yogurt Sauce, mix yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, dill weed and garlic powder in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Holding a grater over the yogurt mixture, grate in the cucumber and its juice. Cover. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. (Makes about 2 cups.)
2. For the Halibut, rinse fillets and place in glass dish. Mix 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1/2 of the lime juice, Greek Seasoning, ground red pepper and sea salt and pepper to taste in small bowl. Pour marinade over fish. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
3. Preheat grill to medium or preheat oven to 400°F. Place marinated fillets on grill or on baking pan. Grill or bake fish 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Meanwhile, mix tomatoes, red onion, olives, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining lime juice, parsley, fresh oregano, ground oregano, and sea salt and pepper to taste in large bowl.
5. To serve, arrange one leaf each of Boston lettuce and radicchio on warm plate. Flake a generous amount of halibut over the top. Top with tomato-onion mixture and a dollop of the Greek Dilled Yogurt Sauce. Garnish with green onions.
Chef's Tip: This recipe works well with other fish such as salmon, snapper, branzino, or even tuna.
This recipe was adapted from Cat Cora's cookbook, Cooking from the Hip, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.