Decadent Chocolate Almond Torte
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate and butter in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 30 seconds. Add almond extract; stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
3. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed 8 minutes. Gently stir in melted chocolate and slivered almonds. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 2 hours. (Cake will fall in center slightly during cooling)
5. Use a knife to loosen sides of cake from pan. Invert onto serving plate; remove wax paper from cake. Serve, or cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and raspberries, if desired.