1. For the Pickled Onions, prepare a day ahead. Bring all ingredients, except pearl onions, to boil in small saucepan. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Strain mixture into small bowl. Add pearl onions. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. For the Steak, mix all ingredients, except steak, in small bowl until well blended. Rub evenly on both sides of steak. Refrigerate 2 hours or longer for extra flavor.
3. Grill tenderloin over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each of 4 sides or until desired doneness. Grill flank steak or sirloin steak over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
4. For the Avocado Mousse, peel, pit and coarsely chop avocados. Puree avocados, lime juice and sea salt in food processor 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
5. Drain pickled onions. Toss with cherry tomatoes and olive oil in medium bowl. Slice steak into thin slices. Serve with Avocado Mousse and cherry tomato mixture. Sprinkle steak with additional cocoa chile blend, if desired.
Chef's Tip: Red pearl onions are red-skinned with red rings inside and have a mild taste. If unavailable, substitute white pearl onions.
This recipe was created by Christopher Lee, Executive Chef at New York’s Aureole restaurant, for the McCormick® Gourmet Collection.